Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:46 pm   

Interesting Feature Suggestion (fluff?)

It would be an interesting thing to see the map rendered in some sort of wireframe 3D, and adding more 'directions' like more a spherical design, so one could say, map a 3D area with it..

.|/.
==o==
./|.

like take this bad drawing of map, rotate it to look on it's edge, etc..
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:44 pm   

Don't count on seeing that for a looong time (if ever). Designing 3D maps is *totally* different from doing 2D maps and zMapper has never been designed with that in mind.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:58 am   

Thats the sort of tech you see in GIS programs.. expensive and a whole discipline of their own. Very cool stuff though Wink I think there's a couple of free ones out there if you're interested. They'd be old though, without much GUI.

Still, the idea of constructing a DEM of Achaea, turning it into a wireframe, dropping a veg map on top and letting people do "flybys" from a website, is cool. Shame I really can't be bothered. The hard part is constructing a DEM by hand - rather than from a sat. photo. Maybe the answer would be to draw a contour map by hand and try to play with that.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:17 am   

When it comes down to it, all the rooms have X/Y/Z coordinates in space, it wouldn't be much to export those from the MDB file and join the exits... if you made each room a 1x1x1 cube, and likewise, each exit fitting into the 1x1x1 space around the cube... interesting possibilities. Pity I got other plans for my holiday hehe otherwise I mighta tried :)
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:09 am   

Sounds like a job for an external tool to me, and interesting.. *hmmmmmm* *gets a thoughtful look on her face*

Lady C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: