Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
the_demagogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:42 pm   

autologging

Okay, here's the deal. First of all, when it comes to zMUD, I'm stupid. I can take someone else's script, and tinker with it to make it for me, but getting started on my own is always rough. That said...

I want to log everything that happens on the MUD, in txt files on my D:/ hard drive. I want the txt files to be named after the date, and I want them to NOT include my prompt (for annoying spam reasons). The prompt begins with a couple special characters, so we'll call them ** for now.

Now with all this, I could do it easily, each time I log in, using the #LOG command manually, but I don't want to be subject to my memory... heh... So what can I do?

the Demagogue
Death
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:46 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by the_demagogue

<font face=Courier New></font id=Courier New>
Okay, here's the deal. First of all, when it comes to zMUD, I'm stupid. I can take someone else's script, and tinker with it to make it for me, but getting started on my own is always rough. That said...

I want to log everything that happens on the MUD, in txt files on my D:/ hard drive. I want the txt files to be named after the date, and I want them to NOT include my prompt (for annoying spam reasons). The prompt begins with a couple special characters, so we'll call them ** for now.

Now with all this, I could do it easily, each time I log in, using the #LOG command manually, but I don't want to be subject to my memory... heh... So what can I do?

the Demagogue

You can do what I did and just send all necassary things you want logged to that window. You can do that by using the #cap command. I'm sure there is a command/function that allows you to not log certain lines, but I'm not at home right now to look around. But just create a trigger off you connecting to the mud to start up the logging. In mine I send the "Connecting to rotf.net" to the other window, then set up a trigger in that window to see that #log c:zMudlogs%time( mmmm)%time( aa-mmm-yy).txt

Or I think that last %time is how I do it, can't remember off hand.
phillip

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:05 pm   

worked for me,thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: