Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

MrTickle

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:36 am   

'Canvas does not allow drawing' crash

Has anyone else encountered this same problem when using zmapper 1.15...

I cannot duplicate this crash when using standard 'rooms', but only when I have edited the shape to show each room as a clear box (no fill - so as to see through to a background map that I am using).
When creating a map in zmapper (or as a plugin with Zmud)after creating about 10 - 15 rooms (varies) the room boxes dissapear from the map, leaving only the links. Then after a few seconds one of 2 things might happen. 1)If I drag a box (eg - to highlight some rooms) I get an error message saying 'canvas does not allow drawing', and/or 2) various error messages crop up stating Access violation in module kernal.32.dll. In either case it always ends up stuck in a loop of saying okay to error message, until I ctrl-alt-del zmapper to close (which still causes another 8-10 error messages to crop up, including 'Runtime error 216 at 0004B992').

I'm running Win98 with zmapper 1.15 and zmud 6.40
Interested to hear if anyone else can duplicate this, or if it's perhaps some other conflict related to my own system setup.
Thanks for any comments.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:23 pm   

There is a bug in the Windows graphic system when dealing with the Window Metafiles that zMapper uses. This bug exists in Win95 and Win98. It was fixed in later versions of Windows. I've got a workaround that I hope to implement in one of the next versions of zMapper, but for now you probably shouldn't use zMapper on Win95 or Win98.

This bug in Windows causes a resource leak that quickly eats up the limited 128 kbytes of system resources, and then produces the "canvas" crash that you mentioned.

Kaoslupae
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:47 am   

Actually This bug also affects those of us using winME.

Kaos Lupae
MrTickle

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:49 am   

Thanks for the prompt and comprehensive reply Zugg. You're a legend as always.
Looking forward to the workaround in a future release, however I understand the need to 'live in the now'. Bout time I upgraded my OS. :-)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:23 am   

Yeah, true, I always forget about WinME. WinME was just Win98 with some extra bells and whistles. So, most bugs that exist in Win98 also still exist in WinME. Thanks for the reminder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: