Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Ventu

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:28 am   

Coordinate System

Is there an easier way to set up coords. I tried to follow the tutorial but with no success. I am trying to set up a map for Shadowbane and the coordinate system starts at the bottom left at East 0, North 0 and the upper right goes to approx. East 130000 North 100000. I hope there is a simple way to set this up that I am just missing. I have the in game map I can use as a background image but getting it to come out right with the coords is giving me fits !!

Thanks in advance for any help you all might have.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:28 am   

First set the background map image to the correct file. Note the pixel size of the image (W, H). Now, use the Zone/Set Origin and set the 0,0 coordinate to be the pixel coordinate of 0,H. Then use the Zone/Set Scale and set the 130000,100000 game coordinate to the pixel coordinate W,0. Or, set it to something smaller like 1300,1000 and set the Multiplier to 100 or something. Doing this will prevent math integer overflow operations in the coordinate system conversion.

Shadowbane is actually one of the games I'm thinking of supporting officially, so if you have some maps available, let me know and I might be able to set this up as a standard game map for zExplorer in the next month or so. I personally never got into the "guild-combat" concept of Shadowbane, but I'm interested in adding the ability to support a game like Shadowbane that has some common geography for each server, but allows different locations per server. This way zExplorer could share common locations like starting cities, etc, but have the ability to create a unique map for each server showing player cities, etc.

Ventu

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:14 am   

I'd be more than happy to send you the stuff I'm working on Zugg. Just let me know what you need and I'll zip it up and get it to you :)

As to the coordinate system, you explanation lost me. You say go to my Zone/Set Origin ... and I can't seem to find that in my version, whis is Beta 1.15. Under Zone/Background the only options I have are Image, Scale, Offset Point, and a Scale Point option that is greyed out. My original background image is a .bmp image that is 776 Wide X 580 Tall. I manually added the 3 starting towns on the main Islands and 1 Player city by hand and put the coords in their description. But it would be a lot nicer to just be able to add location by Lat/Long than trying to place them by hand.

Sorry if I'm just doing something that is very basic but I'm just missing it :)

Thanks for the help !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: