Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Truls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:08 am   

6.40 is extremely slow for me

I've been using 6.16 for a long time and liked it really well, performed very well except for some annoying crashes on very long walks. Due to these crashes i decided to test out 6.40, but that was a BIG bummer. 6.40 seems to have a natural lag for me. Outputs from the mud show up just fine, but input from me seems very lagged at times.

Like if i have long triggers with lots of text etc, they will take time to display, and if i walk alot of rooms one by one, it lags. Combat kinda lags too. Only thing that works fine are long aliases, takes a slight delay to start, but then it runs through very fast.

Is there some setting or something i can do to change this? I was stupid enough not to make a copy of the 6.16 .mud files, is there any way i can go back to 6.16 still, with all my settings intact?
Troubadour
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:14 am   

What operating system are you using? If it's not Windows XP, it's possible you need to update your MDAC protocols.

Troubadour
(Win 98, Pentium III, 550 MHz)
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:53 pm   

If you were getting crashes in 6.16 on long walks and now some odd lag in 6.40 it is possible that you need to update your network card's drivers. Try looking for the latest version of the drivers and installing them.

Kjata
Truls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:59 pm   

Well i use Win2k pro with sp3. Tried updating the mdac files to 2.7, this did not resolve the problem.

Can try updating network card drivers, but that card is so ancient, that i doubt anything is made for it any more :)

No other ideas what it could be?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:49 pm   

Well, you said it, the card is ancient. My bet is on the network card. The problem you describe with 6.16 (crashing on very long walks) was reported by a few users in here and they solved it by updating the drivers. Making the Sendline delay bigger (Click on Prefs, and select Script Parser) might solve it too, but I'm not so sure it will work for the problems with 6.40.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: