Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:46 pm   

Mapper Suggestions

This is kind of a duel zmud/zmapper suggestion and I'm not sure if it would even be possible, but there's no harm in suggesting it.

My suggestion would be to add some method to determine what is different about a room.

For example, if you are in map creation mode and you enter a room you previously mapped out, but when you enter the room this time, there may be a new exit, or something about the description may have changed. It would be nice to be able to determine what has changed and make that stand out. For example, if a new exit was added since you were last at that room, then highlighting the exit on the mapper would grab your attention.

Or, is something about the description has changed, then the room on the mapper could be highlighted to denote that something about the room has changed.

Reason for this request: I've been playing the same mud for over 5 years. I know most of the common rooms very well, but occassionaly the IMM's may change something or add something. Normally I never read room descriptions or pay much attention to common rooms, so it would be nice to have some method to make these changes stand out.

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.50
Zmapper Version 1.14
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: