Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Roughneck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:03 am   

zExplorer - Unable to publish comments?

I noticed another post on these forums that indicated the user cannot publish comments using zExplorer.

(Near end, posted Dec. 25) Post: http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9306&FORUM_ID=13&CAT_ID=3&Topic_Title=any+news+from+database+people%3F&Forum_Title=AC+Explorer+Discussion

I am having the same difficulty. I would definitely like to contribute to the AC-Spedia database thru zExplorer, but everytime I attempt to publish a comment, a popup appears that says:
Error encountered during POST: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.

After clicking OK, I get:
Error publishing note.

Assumedly, the POST operation on the web service is failing, but the question is why? Is the database/service not quite ready for public comments? Contributing to the database with additions/corrections works flawlessly, so I'm just guessing maybe this is a feature they (or you) haven't quite fully implemented.

Thanks for any info you can provide, Zugg! And if the database team are running it on a volunteer basis and need some extra hands, I got two I could contribute to the effort. =)

-roughneck.
hanz
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:27 am   

i would like to second that error.

it's a pitty that one is unable to add the comments. i personally love to explore and would like to contribute many comments, but can't.
=[

A registered User.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:34 am   

I'll look into this later this week. My guess is that AC-Spedia changed something in their database. Hopefully we can get the issue resolved soon since adding comments is the *main purpose* of the zExplorer mapper in my opinion! Otherwise it wouldn't be any more useful than the freebie maps on various web sites.

Roughneck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:17 pm   

Thanks, Zugg! I appreciate the response ... can't wait to start adding some useful info to the comments fields. :)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: