Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
joejoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:47 pm   

editor data lost?

hi forum,
i just made a terrible mistake: after writing a longer message in zmud editor window i got afk then had to leave in a hurry. quit zmud - unfortunately i forgot saving the text i'd written... *slap self*
Is there any way to get it back? Some hidden autosave in a tempfile or something?
btw i'm using 6.34 - if i'd upgrade would there be a warning about unsaved work before quit?
thanks,
joejoe
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:05 pm   

I know how rough it can be to lose saved work like that and I'm sorry to say that as far as I know, there is no running backup kept as you work. So you'll probably have to recreate what you wrote, unfortunately.

It strikes me that this would be a great suggestion for a new feature, however. You should e-mail Zugg with it (he could also give a final answer on whether there is already any sort of backup created of the editor window).

- Charbal
joejoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:08 pm   

thanks charbal i would have been surprised myself if there was a way - and somehow i have the same feeling about this being a useful feature to have... :]
joejoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: