Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:17 pm   

[1.15] creating a double-size room

I decided to try out creating a map of one of my eye of the beholder maps..

I can create rooms as suggested in the tutorial, and resize each one to hide the links, but that would take ages to create an entire map. Then I set the X and Y spacing to half the room size, which got rid of this problem.. but the standard room is too small.. I tried to double the size by editing the room, choosing 'resize shape' from the View menu, and setting the size to 480 instead of 240, but it doesn't make any difference to the size the rooms are drawn :( During one attempt they were actually shown smaller, but I cant get it to reproduce that..

I think I'll need a help file before I can make sense of the resize dialog anyway...

Lady C.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:38 pm   

The Resize Shape just changes the internal coordinate system (or resolution) of the Windows Metafile object used for the shape. No matter what internal coordinate system is used for defining the shape, it will still be scaled to fit within the room size.

Right now there actually isn't any way to change the room size default for a room "type". I need to add this. If you look at the database table for KindTbl you will see that room definitions have a Dx and Dy value, but there is no way to set this in the current version.

The only thing I can suggest right now is to zoom in to your map to display the rooms larger. But I know this isn't really a solution.

Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:50 am   

Ah, that would explain it :)

Lady C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: