Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Jaz
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:59 am   

Portal Bots broken in ACX

I'm guessing with Zyrca moving the ZyrcaNet site from Saitoh's server to her own and changes to the protocol that that is the reason the Portal Bot page comes up with an error?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:27 am   

That could be. She hasn't sent me any email about this so I have no information on her move. The URL for the Zyrca stuff can be changed in the ACXPLORER.INI file, so you might try playing with that.

If she changed the protocol, then all bets are off.

Jaz
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:34 pm   

Zugg,

Zyrca will be emailing you re. the changes

http://zyrca.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26

Hope these are "doable" in the current AC Explorer.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:39 am   

I can update the URLs easily, but I'm in the middle of the zMUD public release, then have the Christmas holiday, then have some contracted work to do on zMUD in January.

I hadn't planned on additional versions of AC Explorer that required code changes, since zExplorer is supposed to take over for AC Explorer eventually. But I'm obviously a long way from adding portal bot functions to zExplorer.

So, what I saying is that I can't promise that I can fix this anytime soon. The earliest I could work on the AC Explorer code is March. If Zyrca can support the previous interface, it's easy to change the URL in the INI file, and I could re-package AC Explorer with a new INI file, just like I recently repackaged it with a new map file.

Since Zyrca was the one that "broke" the system without telling anyone, you might want to bug her and see if you can convince her to maintain a compatible interface for AC Explorer.

Could you post this over on Zyrca's board? I don't have a login over there and some other people might be interested in this.

The bottom line is that I have lots of projects and can't just recompile old software anytime someone makes a change like this.

I think in zExplorer I'll probably develop a standard way to handle "portal bots", since zExplorer will handle more games than AC1. Then people doing portal bot plugins will need to adhere to some sort of standard. Otherwise every game that does portal bots will be different and it will be impossible to maintain any code compatibility.

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:18 pm   

I just got the email from Zyrca on the changes. It's possible that her changes won't effect AC Explorer. I've updated the URL for the Zyrcabot stuff on my server so that when you run AC Explorer is should get the new values (might have to run AC Explorer twice for it to take effect). Hopefully it will work. If not, we'll have to get Zyrca to tweak her scripts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: