Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:17 am   

Any news regarding realtime tracking in Zexplorer?

One of the most important features in AC-Explorer was the realtime tracking for me. I could see me and my fellows on the map on my laptop while playing AC.

This made the difference for me between AC-Explorer and other free available maps and infos.

Are there any news about this feature? Is there a work in progress on getting the location info from the client?

Many thanks
Vu
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:51 am   

This is planned for a future version, but honestly, right now I'm in the middle of trying to release a public version of zMUD, so you won't see this until after Christmas at the earliest.

As you mentioned, this feature requires "hacking" the client to determine the ingame location. Because the client was changing so much during the beta, it wasn't worth my time to try and figure this out. I'm sure I'll be able to find it eventually using the same techniques I used for AC1, but it will take some time.

Just remember, you didn't have AC Explorer's real-time tracking until AC1 had been out for over a year! You'll have this feature sooner than that for AC2

Jaz
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:47 am   

I just want it for AC1 with zExplorer ;)

AC2 ain't even being considered as a replacement for AC1 by myself and a lot of people I know...
Lo Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:26 pm   

How about Terrain tracking or however you define it.

Right now when I try to map a route from one island to the next it has me just swimming across.

Asherson's Call Take 2...Action.
dafire
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:03 pm   

I fear zugg is busy with zmud till the next version is out, forcasted to the beginning of february. :)
Since I'm in the free month of ac2 right no i also evaluate zexplorer and I think I will get both.. and I will definitly suggest zexplorer to my aliance when tracking and linking is in :)

--
telnet://ff.mud.de (german language)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: