Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:16 am   

Printing

Zugg,

Any thoughts about improving the printing.

Right now there are a number of bugs with it.

1. Fit to page option does not shrink labeled text correctly, only the rooms, so the labeled texts overlaps the rooms and makes a real mess.

2. Zmapper allows you to reduce the reducion percent to zero, this results in division by zero errors.

3. Printing to multiple pages does not seem to work. Print/Print preview/Scale down to 50 percent. The Print dialog box says 15 pages, but when you print it, it prints the entire map on a single page, all compressed.

4. When exporting to GIF, if you have a very large map, not all of the map gets exported to the GIF file. Seems there is a size limit of some sort here. Can this be expanded so that the entire map is exported. If you need an example, i can send you my map.

Other suggestions.

When printing a zone, can you add the zone name in some corner of the page

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.37a
Zmapper Version 1.14
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:32 am   

I'll add these to my bug list. And yes, if your map file is less than 5 MB, feel free to email it to me (otherwise you'll need to post it somewhere for me to download).

zMapper still has a long way to go, but I'll try to get those print functions fixed. Some stuff, like scaling the fonts, is hard in Windows just because of how screen fonts vs printer fonts work. But I should definitely be able to improve it.

Right now, zMapper is at the stage of trying to get major functionality stable. So, I haven't gotten to the "tweaking" of features that happens for a public release. You probably won't see a public release of zMapper for a few months yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: