Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

hodgkinr
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:21 am   

Zone Link

I play Merentha and within the game you can fly between different areas on Balloons. This is not a direct link and you have a time delay between taking off and touching down. During this delay you get scrolling descriptions of cloud areas where you can "Jump Cloud" These are rooms that you walk through automatically because if you say "Look" you get the description again and it shows a room on the game mapper.

Can anyone advice on a way to put a zonelink in for this situation. I'm not too interested in the "Jump Cloud" bit.

Thanks

Bob Hodgkins
Processor: Dual PIII 1gig
Memory: 512mb RIMM
Video: Creative GeForce 4 64mb DVI
Windows: Win 2000 Proffesional + Updates
ZMud: Version 6.36b
ZMapper: Version 1.13 beta
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:53 pm   

Without a scroll capture, I can't give you exacts, but I handle those types of links differently depending on if the two ends of the trip are in the same zone or not.

If in the same zone, I create one room for the conveyance (balloon) and trigger the exit/leave/disembark message in the room script with a #MOVE or #TELEPORT. If in different zones, I create duplicate rooms for the conveyance and #TELEPORT to the copy in the new zone when I get a movement message...again a room script trigger.

I don't know if your travel messages are random. I don't know if you must send anything to the mud to board or exit the balloon. I don't understand how you get new rooms if the description hasn't changed. Without an example of output, this is the best I can do.
hodgkinr
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:36 pm   

ok food for thought..i'll be back!

Bob Hodgkins
Processor: Dual PIII 1gig
Memory: 512mb RIMM
Video: Creative GeForce 4 64mb DVI
Windows: Win 2000 Proffesional + Updates
ZMud: Version 6.36b
ZMapper: Version 1.13 beta
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: