Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Glinka
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:17 pm   

help with save settings/layout please?

I have 2 folders each with 5 characters
but in one folder only 2 characters are having settings that are overwriting each other.

could someone please explain how to use the
save settings, and save layout please?
I am also having trouble with my tells window.
It keeps coming up with a command line
when i always click it off...

sorry, this is all too confusing to me,
and thanxs for ANY help,
i'm really stuck this tyme,
G.

Love, Lyte, and Laughter...
Glink
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:51 pm   

I'll answer the second part for you. EVERY window has it's own settings file. If you don't save the settings after removing the command line, it will come up with the default settings. Click on your tells window, remove the command and status bars, then click settings, save as. Double click on your mud directory and save the settings there.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:28 am   

If you have two characters which overwrite each other's settings, they are probably sharing the same setting file. To prevent this, just give them separate settings files. This is done from the character database window, the one that zMUD starts with that shows all your characters. Select one of the characters and click the Edit button. Go to the Files tab, and change the Primary file.

You may want to copy the existing settings to the new settings files. An easy way of doing this is to click the folder icon (Browse) next to Primary. Right-click on the current file (I'll use Current.mud as an example), and select Copy. Click on an empty spot and Paste (this should create Copy of Current.mud). Right-click on the copy, and select Rename. Give it the name of your choice (Current2.mud). Then select the newly named file as the Primary file for the character.

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: