Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
pholtz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:53 am   

Problem with Marker Menu

I am using ZExplorer for AC2. The first thing I did was delete all the locations and then have started adding my own (I do not connect with the on-line data base). I occasionally add markers, I think I have deleted all of them now.

Now, when I try to open the Marker menu, I get an Invalid varient type conversion error. Using right click I can still add markers to the map, but all Marker menu functions are unavailable. Any idea what happened and how it could be fixed?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:02 pm   

Can you email me your *.MDB map database so that I can reproduce the problem here? Thanks.

pholtz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:35 am   

OK, I just sent you the MDB file. Hopefully it helps.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:26 pm   

I got your file. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce any problem with the Marker menu. However, I'm running a newer version of zExplorer that should be out within a week or so, so hopefully this means the new version already fixes this bug.

When the new version comes out, let me know if it's working better.

The only thing odd I noticed about your database was that the icon for the markers was different than normal. It was a green square instead of a red flag. But maybe you modified this in zMapper or something.

pholtz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:23 am   

No, I didn't change anything with the markers. I DO use the green square to indicate some locations... by entering a new location without chosing an icon type. This is a temporary use by me to indicate some locations that don't have an icon assigned. I may change this with ZMapper, but haven't tried yet.

Now when I update zExplorer, will I have a problem that my map will be updated from the online map? As I have stated, I prefer than my version of the map NOT be updated. To be sure, should I copy the MDB file before the update then put it back?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:36 pm   

Your map will only be updated from the online database if you specifically use the Update/Update Datafiles menu option. As long as you don't use that option, then you will be fine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: