Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
-DM-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:32 am   

Suggestions Thread

First of all... Zugg, you are the best! (seriously). Now with my brown nosing out of the way

I'd like to suggest 4 changes and pose a question.

1) Quick Pan - by holding down the space bar or alternatively the middle mouse button/wheel while cursor hovering over the map to pan.

2) Quick Zoom - Zoom in/out using mouse wheel.

3) Quick center - Double click center mouse/wheel button.

4) While i love how the new app hides portals that dont have both start and end locations visible on screen, it is a bit difficult (due to zoom scale) locating end locations when they are off the screen. Having the option to turn this on/off would be quite helpful.

....... and my question.

How do we update the missing information in the database, I have a ton of missing info in my offline AC Explorer database that I feel everyone would find helpful.(inlcuding a good chunk of the unresolved portal destinations)

Again, thanks for everything!

-DM-
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:48 pm   

Full mouse-wheel support is planned for one of the next versions. It will work the same as it did in AC Explorer. Your "quick pan" idea is interesting though, so I'll look into that.

4) To see the destination of a portal, right-click on it (either on the map or in the list of locations) and select the "Goto portal destination" option. That will pop the map over to the destination. Then, just click the Previous View button or press Alt-Left to jump back to your previous view. This is quicker than trying to zoom the map out, scroll, then zoom in again.

5) There are a couple of ways to update. First, you can add a new location to the database by going to the Edit tab, then click New. Then fill in the information for the new location. Then, to send this new location to the master database, click the Publish button. It will prompt you to log into the AC Atlas 2 database. If you don't have a username/password for their database yet, click the New User button and create an account.

You can add a new Comment note to a location by clicking the Add Comment button in the Edit tab. Then enter your comment. Then click the Publish button on the comment form to send it to the database.

Currently, the AC Atlas database doesn't implement a web service for updating the destination of a portal, but that should be added soon. When that is added, you'll just edit the destination of an existing portal, then click the Publish button to update the master record.

-DM-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:04 pm   

thanks!
-DM-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:41 am   

Oh i wanted to give due credit. The quick pan idea was not mine, there are several applications that do this, the complete Adobe product line is one of them.

-DM-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: