Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:34 pm   

zExplorer 4.00a update

There were a couple of minor problems in the 4.00 release of zExplorer that I have fixed.

The first problem causes a User Authentication error whenever you tried to use the Update/Login feature to log into the AC Atlas 2 database.

The second problem prevented a new game definition file from being downloaded from zuggsoft.com when it was updated. This caused problems with people who were trying to download the files for AC1.

zExplorer 4.00a Download link

The filename is still zexp400.exe, but when you run it, or when you select the Help/About box, you should see the 4.00a designation.

Also, if you are running the original 4.00, you should get an upgrade notification. This will be a good test to see if my new auto-update code is working yet :)

Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:22 pm   

Auto-Update worked perfect ;)

Little suggestion...

The zoom feature could be improved a bit.
A) zoom in and out using the mouse wheel
B) zoom with center on mouse position (this only makes sense when A) is implemented

In case my english is not good enough to explain B) and C), you can check Corel Draw or Corel Photo Paint for the zoom handling.

At the moment you can only zoom in to a place you selected on the map. Even when you center the map on a location... once you zoom in, the center of the map moves to the upper left corner...

Dang.. should take more english lessons.. I hope you understood my glibberish ;)
Adere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:20 am   

Suggestion:

In the ac explorer pro you had the option to copy the cords by right clicking the item after making a route. Will this be added?

Also will cords next to places be added? I didnt see an option to turn it on.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:23 am   

Yep, full mouse-wheel and scrolling is planned for one of the next versions. It will work the same way that AC Explorer did. The wheel will actually be used to scroll vertically, and you will need to hold the Ctrl key to zoom, or the Shift key to scroll horizontally.

And yes, Adere, over time all of the AC Explorer features will get added to zExplorer. Once zExplorer does everything that AC Explorer Pro does, then I'll discontinue AC Explorer. But in a first beta version like this, I'm more concern that the major features actually work and that it is stable. Then I'll get to some of the more minor features.

For now, click on a location in the route list or on the map, and then in the map tab you can click the new Copy to Clipboard button just to the right of the coordinates to copy them to the clipboard.

Sparr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:15 am   

are we going to get a zExplorer forum? seems odd to keep the discussions here in the AC Explorer forum.

over half of the portals in the database have 0S,0E as their destination, could we get an option to filter out anything at 0,0 and/or not show portal paths to 0,0?

when editing portal coords you have to input + or - and the program converts to N/S which is annoying (and counterintuitive, + is S)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:43 pm   

This forum will be used for zExplorer. zExplorer and AC Explorer are really the same product, and all future updates are being made to zExplorer. Once zExplorer has all of the funtionality of AC Explorer, then AC Explorer will be discontinued and this forum will be renamed.

The other problem is that this particular forum software uses the forum Name for it's URLs, so if I change the forum name, then a bunch of links will break. Very unfortunate design.

On the portals, yes, it seems that as usual, people who entered the portals into the database never actually went through them to determine their destination. The AC-Atlas database doesn't yet have a web service for updating the portal destination, but this is coming soon.

And yes, there are some improvements in the user interface (like the data entering) that needs to be done. Keep in mind that this is the first beta version of zExplorer, and it's been written from scratch, so there are many minor improvements that still need to be implemented. But I didn't feel like it was worth holding the release up until all of that little stuff was finished. Future updates will improve these kinds of things.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: