Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Death
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:38 pm   

is this type of trigger possible?

When we are allowed to quest again via the questmob on my mud it says, "You may now quest again." Now, sometimes an immortal gets tricky and moves us just before I can request a quest. So, I never ask, so that message will never come up again. Therefor my bot just sits there. I was just wondering, is it possible to have a trigger, or something look for the mud output of "You may now quest again." and if it doesn't see it within 60 minutes it'll do a "#show You may now quest again."? On a side note, the admin says it is legal to bot like this, just a few imms play with me.

If anything like that is possible, any hints and tips would be very thankful.

Death
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:00 pm   

Yes, enable the trigger that looks for "You may now quest again." like you would normally do, and the execute this command:
#ALARM "immTrickCatch" (+3600) {#SH You may now quest again.}

Now, in the trigger that fires on the line "You may now quest again.", have do this also:
#UNTRIG "immTrickCatch"

Kjata
Death
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:15 pm   

I'm a little confused on that. This is what I have right now.
#tr {You may now quest again.} {#bu 19}

should it be..

#tr {You may now quest again.} {#bu 19;#UNTRIG "immTrickCatch";#ALARM "immTrickCatch" (+3600) {#SH You may now quest again.}}

Button 19 turns on the quest class and sends me a tell to go quest, i then have a trigger off that go quest to go to the questmaster and request a quest...a trigger then fires off of what he says, and then right after that, the quest class is turned off...after completeing the quest i go come back and tell the questmaster i completed, sending another trigger to fire to go heal.
Gandorf
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:28 pm   

I think that you should create the alarm when you have completed the quest. Since it is from that point the quest time is calculated.

Gandorf
-------------------------
Out in the night they laugh about me and my knowledge
Death
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:40 pm   

Alright, thank you. I plugged them in and now I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it works. Thanks for your help Kjata and Gandorf.

Gah, I just remembered that on certain quests I just quit them, because they're to hard to automate and I've died from them before ;p. So I can't put the alarm on the completion trigger. So, would it be wise to put it like my example?

Death
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:44 pm   

It should work too, but keep in mind that the 60 minutes would be from when you recived the last "You may quest again" line.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: