Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Telly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:54 am   

Converting a map to text file

I'm making maps to a mud and would like to use zmud to create them("keyboard creation").
So is it possible to convert a map to a text file?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:40 pm   

Check out the export options. One of them lets you export to a text file and you specify exactly how you want it to export.

Kjata
Telly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:21 pm   

Can't find any export options.
In map creation mode(where you create the maps), you can only export config files to text files(ie: config->export config).
You can export classes, aliases, etc by clicking on the button(classes, aliases, etc) and then file->export text, but not in Map.
Settings->export just let you save classes, aliases, etc to text files, but not Maps.

Btw im using zMUD 6.16
Phazic
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:28 pm   

To my knowledge, zMud does not support exporting maps to a text file. To do this you need to use zMapper. You can use zMapper to import your zMud map and then you can use the File->export options to output it into a text file. Although I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'converting' a map to a text file. The file export options will print out the information in the various cells of your map database. It doesn't convert it into a nice ASCII picture ( although that'd be nice but rather complicated to do, I think ;) ) You could also use zMud 6.32 BETA which utilizes the new zMapper plugin and should be able to convert your map to a database, which you could then open in access and export from there.

-Phazic
zMud 6.32 on Win2k
zMapper 1.04 on Win2k
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: