Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
The Raven
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:37 am   

Can I Tell if Windows Screen Saver is Active?

I have several mud-intensive scripts that I run while I'm on the MUD... keeping me up to date on various things, etc. I also have some mud-non-intensive scripts that run even when I'm not around, such as processing new players when I see the 'new user' message.

Is there anyway for zMud to know when the screen saver becomes active? This would let me disable the MUD intensive stuff since it is doing nobody any good, but stay connected to allow the other scripts to continue to function.

Alternatively, if there is some other way of telling if I'm not around (like a function that sees if zMud is the active window, or one that counts the number of seconds since I typed a MUD command) might also work.

Any suggestions?
EdwinDroom
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:03 am   

This is a late night, not necessarily recommended, solution, but will let Zmud decide you've been idle...

#ONINPUT {(*)} {#TS 120;#T+ mudintensive}

/*whatever you type in command line will reset the timer to 120 secs, and will turn triggers in mudintensive folder on*/

#TR {TICK IN 5 SECONDS.} {#T- mudintensive}

/*when timer gets down to 5 secs, the triggers in mudintensive are turned off*/

It's not necessarily a good idea to have ZMud executing something everytime you type, but it will work...

All the best freaks are here, please stop staring at me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: