Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:16 am   

zMapper resource bug report

Hello,
I decided to try the trial of zMapper Beta 1.04, but to my surprise after loading the Colorado Springs map-example the mapper swallowed _all_ system resources. At the time I am writing this I have 0% system resources free, and the mapper has crashed due to canvas errors, and "out of system resources" errors.

Knowing that this is a beta version and that things like this happens then I hope that I'll be able to try a more working version(without the resource leak) before the trial expires. The part of the software I could see before the crash seemed quite interesting.

Rorso
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:56 pm   

Please be sure to always post what version of Windows you are using. Older versions of Windows have trouble dealing with large bitmap images, like the background image used for the Colorado Springs map. So that might be the problem. Try closing other applications that might be running to free up system resources.

Windows 95/98/ME are limited to 128k of system resources. Only Windows 2000 and XP remove the resource limit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: