Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:27 pm   

zMapper v1.04 BETA Released

I've released an updated version of zMapper. Because zMapper shares the map display code with zMUD, any time I release new versions of either product, I'll be recompiling the other product and releasing it also.

So, in this case, I was mainly fixing bugs in zMUD in order to release zMUD v6.31. I then recompiled zMapper so that any common bugs would also be fixed in zMapper.

NOTE: I DID NOT FIX MANY ZMAPPER BUGS IN THIS RELEASE

To repeat...only bugs in common with the zMUD code were fixed. I have not fixed most of the bugs that have already been reported to this forum. I'll generally be alternating between product. So now I will start working on fixing as many known bugs in zMapper as possible and hope to release v1.05 in a week or two.

The main bug fixes in this version are related to the ZSCONVERT program and to zMUD. You should now be able to convert all of your zMUD maps into zMapper. If you run into any map zones that do not convert, please email them to me.

I appreciate your patience in handling this new release schedule. What it means is that every other release or so will have a lot more bug fixes than the intermediate releases. It means you will see the "New Version Available" notice more often, and might sometimes be disappointed that your favorite bug isn't fixed yet. But I think this method is better than waiting...at least this way you get a new version with *some* bugs fixed.

Finally, I'm working on integrating zMapper into the www.zuggsoft.com web site more completely. For example, you'll now find the latest version of zMapper available for download on the Download page. I've also added a Version History to the main zMapper info page.

Thanks for your patience as these initial versions are debugged. And look for another new version of zMapper in a week or two.

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:38 pm   

Zugg,

I cannot get zmapper 1.4 to upgrade.

Here is what happened.

I installed the upgrade for 1.4 and them tried running it and opening one of the sample maps. I've alters these maps really bad in testing and so i zmapper froze. This was not a big deal so I un-installed zmapper completly. I then tried to load 1.4 as a new install and I get a error.

Could not initialize installation. (CRC)

My guess is this may be a issue with registry settings because of how I first loaded it, then un-installed it then re-installed from scratch.

Can you give me any instructions on how to fix this.

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.30
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:08 am   

The CRC error during install means your web browser downloaded zMapper in Text mode instead of Binary mode. Try right-clicking the download link and select Save Link As to force it to save it to your disk in binary mode.

Talahaski
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:47 am   

Worked, thanks Zugg!

Talahaski
Processor PIII 1000
Memory 265MB
Video NVIDIA 64MB
Windows XP
Zmud Version 6.30
[_SnArF_]
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:07 am   

Alright, I've upgraded to zmud 6.31/zmapper 1.04 ... Last night I was playing around with it, and all was well. Made a new zone, mapped a bit (seemed REALLY slow, though.) Now, when I go to make a new zone, it's giving me the error "Division by zero."

---------------
We're going to eat all of your food and steal all of your beer.
jwolfenbarger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:45 am   

I get the same error. Every time I create a new Zone (In the ZMUD automapper for 6.31a at least) I get Division by zero error.
iljhar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:48 am   

Please start new topics regarding errors. This topic was just to inform users of the new version.

Thanks.

Iljhar
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: