Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Morten
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:39 pm   

bitmap pictures

i have some troubles with some images
take a look:
http://battletech.homepage.dk/hex.htm
can i keep the image the same size as the hex?

Yugo Sangori
pteppic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:06 pm   

That's mentioned in one of the new zmapper tutorials. Bitmaps don't scale the way the vector graphics do.

Pt
Morten
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:48 am   

hmm mayby it is me but...
if i have 20 room and i want a tree or rocks or something like that in each room do i have to set every tree/rock up like the background picture in the tutorial (wich i dont understand at all )?.
if so then it need to be dealt with because i belive it would be one of the most used features and it need to be fast. like i want a tree in a room, i select the tree from my image palette and drop it in the room. now i want to check the map in full so i zoom out and the tree should follow the room size without me entering alot of numbers.

hope you understand want i'm trying to say

Yugo Sangori
pteppic
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:43 pm   

You can make a room template by using the palette on the left hand side, select rooms from the drop down list. Right click in the area bellow and pick new.

Now make your room and give it a name like treeroom. go back to your map and start mapping with the keyboard creation and you'll make lots of treerooms. You can switch back to normal from the list on the right again, or to whatever other templates you make.
To change several existing rooms highlight them all and right click over the treeroom template and pick the "assign to selected" option.

Hope this helps, I think its what your looking for.

Pteppic

Edited note: It's a shame you can't do the multiple select and assign for exits too. When I have been colour coding the main roads on the mud I play I have had to select and assign each exit one at a time :(
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:04 pm   

What you are really trying to do is "texture" your rooms, rather than putting down a bitmap. A bitmap is an image that doesn't scale. A "texture" is a scaled graphics background for your room.

I have plans to add texturing, but this will require a lot of work and some graphics stuff that I've never done before. So, it might take a couple of versions before I can add that.

I'll probably add a way to "scale" a bitmap to a rectangular room fairly soon, but what you really want is a textured hexagon, and that will take longer to implement. Eventually I want to allow you to fill any polygon with any texture image.

(And yes, multiple exit selection is on the to-do list)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: