Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Thandril
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:40 am   

zsConvert

First, let me say I'm overjoyed that zMapper is finally released. I'm looking forward to playing with it even if I won't really use anything but zMud for map creation.

Now, the bad news: I must say I'm a just a little disappointed that zsConvert would not convert my map even though it was a zone that I sent to you as one that zMud 6.30 would not convert. You said that none of your sample map files had a problem converting. Perhaps you can tell me how you got the 'Town Square Center.map' file to convert? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I can't make it convert converting the whole master map or the zone iteself. When converting the master map I get the message about the field too small. When I convert the map by itself I get the message: Could not find output table 'KindTbl'. I will try some more things, perhaps removing that map from the master map and seeing if the other faulty map zone I sent you will convert.

I am running this on Win2K. Nothing fancy with my system. I copied the map files out into a new directory for conversion.

Roy
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:12 am   

I looked into this more and apparently the problem is a recent one. One of my changes in the last day or two must have broken zsConvert. It *was* working last week when I was converting maps. Oh well, that's how beta stuff goes sometimes. I'll be fixing this within the week, so in the meantime, just play around with the other features of zMapper. Converting MUD maps isn't all that zMapper is for.

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:37 am   

I am sending you a 4 room sample map for playing with zsConvert. My current tests indicate that it will convert if the master map is selected as the base and give a kindtbl error if just the zone is done.

Bugs exhibitted in this test:
1. Zone conversion without master broken.
2. Master map conversion will not properly name db file to user entry. Uses master map name.
3. Room notes are lost in conversion process.

General stuff...
Map made with 6.26 and blank settings.
Win2K Pro
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:10 am   

I have reproduced the error with only converting the zone file. But I can't reproduce any problem with converting the entire master map. I never get the "field too small" error. I'll continue looking into this later in the week using the map files that people send me via email, but for now I don't have any quick fix.

Zafrusteria
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:36 pm   

Could you not use the maps and master map I sent you, to reproduce this?

Zaf
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:24 pm   

I guess I didn't get your email. How did you attach the files? Make sure you put them into a ZIP archive or something like that or else my email gateway probably deletes the message as a virus.

In fact, I haven't gotten any attachments from anyone, so I don't have any maps at all. Make sure your email is set to PLAIN ASCII TEXT and not HTML since several of the spam filters look for messages that have HTML tags along with attachments.

Sorry to be a pain, but spam got to be *so* bad (hundreds a day) that I had to take some severe action to get rid of them. Even if it makes it harder to send me stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: