Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:01 am   

zMapper Tutorials

I've posted the first screenshots of zMapper. Click here for the cool pictures! Enjoy.

reavor
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:59 pm   

hi,
I was wondering i am sure not all pics were posted what is available, but i was wondering if there are options to have the square boxes, but to also have the room name captured and placed in each box. This would be a wonderful feature.

- Reavor
aardwolfmud.org 4010
** Happy 5th Aardwolf **
Manx
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:29 pm   

Am I correct in understanding that the maps that you have drawn in zMapper will be able to be loaded in current versions of zMUD? I'm assuming this since you said all of the drawing routines are the same. I'm just curious about it.

Manx
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:29 pm   

reavor: I'm not sure I understand your question. It's up to zMUD to capture the info from the MUD...zMapper is just a graphics map creation program. Of course you can add names to the rooms, titles, etc, just like any other graphics object. Maybe you can give me more of an example of what you are asking for.

Manx: The maps from zMapper will load into zMUD. You'll need a newer version of zMUD since as I add features to zMapper I'll have to recompile zMUD for the features to show up there. Both programs share code, but right now it's compiled code and not anything dynamic like COM or plugins. My experiments with drawing the map via a COM object haven't been very promising yet.

Also, as I've mentioned before, there is no guarentee that zMUD will always be able to display all of the zMapper features. It's possible that in the future you will need to have zMapper in order to display everything in zMUD. But right now, zMUD is able to display everything without zMapper. I'd like to get the dynamic interaction between the programs working (then you'll need zMapper) just so that I don't have to recompile zMUD everytime I release a new version of zMapper.

As far as the *current* (6.30) version of zMUD, I can load the map database shown in the screen shots and is mostly displays ok. The difference is that zMUD 6.30 doesn't hide the room links when the rooms are close together like that. So, while all of the shapes and stuff already display correctly, there are extra lines where the doors are.

But so far, there hasn't been any changes needed to the actual database structure between zMUD and zMapper, so that's promising.

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:09 am   

I've renamed this topic. You can now get all of the zMapper tutorials (with screenshots) at the zMapper Tutorial Page

reavor
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:56 pm   

hi,
Sorry, i didn't get back to you sooner, i hadn't loaded the page in a while, but here is kinda what im referring to, when i map a page and this im going to show you isn't my map, but anothers, i like to make the room a rectangluar room, and put the room name in the box. Here is a link where it just shows room name and links but no boxes, very similar to what i want to do, but without the room being in a box ;).

http://www.birdbrained.org/jaenelle/maps/wayhouse.gif

I hope that helps.

- Reavor
aardwolfmud.org 4010
** Happy 5th Aardwolf **
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:04 am   

Right click on the room and select the Label menu, then select the location for the label. This determines where the name of the room is displayed. It can't handle multi-line labels yet, so the room name will be all on one line.

Then, if you want to get rid of the box, just double-click on the room definition and turn off the Default Draw button in the shape editor toolbar.

However, it looks like there is currently a bug that when the default draw is turned off, the room label disappears, so I'll add that to the bug list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: