Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
The Happy Clapper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:42 pm   

zExplorer database download problems

Hi zExplorer is getting stuck downloading ac2.mdb on startup at about 2%, this is happening on both of my PCs. Could you post a direct link to the file that is being downloaded so I can attempt a download using a download manager rather than zExplorer ?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:21 pm   

The link is not static. If you look in the zexplorer.txt file in your zExplorer directory you will see the various URLs that are used for various functions. Look at the BaseURL and cgiGetLoc entry for the game. It has the format:

BaseURL=http://www.zuggsoft.com/db/
cgiGetLoc=getloc.php?gameid=1&lastmodified=<yr>-<mon>-<day>

So, you need to fill in the start date for the data you want. To get the whole set of data, use a date of Jan 1,1900 or something like that.

Unfortunately, zExplorer is not designed to do this offline like you are asking. Once you have the file it isn't going to be easy to get that into zExplorer. You'll have to name the file update.xml and try somehow to fool zExplorer to process this via the Update Files option.

But I'd take a closer look at your network and computer setup. I just tried doing a fresh install of zExplorer and them doing an Update Datafiles for AC2 and didn't have any trouble on any of my systems here. So either there is a network problem on your system or some other problem. Go to the Windows Updater and run that to make sure you have all of the latest updates and patches for your version of Windows.
The Happy Clapper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:33 pm   

I kept persevering with this and eventually got the file. I didn't change anything. Anyway I have it now thanks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: