Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:26 pm   

Querying number of rooms

Is there a way to query how many rooms are currently defined in an area (possibly by class) without having to dive directly into the database?

Sorry if this is one of those 'duh' moments, but I like using zmapper for layouts of areas I'm planning and don't want to accidentally toss 2500 rooms into an area accidentally because I get carried away with a large, grassy field.

Edit: removed redundancy.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:48 pm   

In a zMUD script you can use the %mapfilter function to set up a filter for the type of rooms you want to count, then look at the value of %numrooms to see how many rooms match the filter. zMapper itself doesn't have any way to count rooms, although I'll add an item to the wish list for the future to at least tell you how many rooms you have currently selected.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:51 pm   

Thanks Zugg,

It was just getting a little frustrating counting rooms in blocks (11 across, 5 deep = 55 etc) and making sure I wasn't missing any rooms that weren't in the blocks I was checking.
parrotslave
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:04 pm   

If you select the rooms and hit delete, it will ask you if you want to delete however many rooms you have selected. Just be sure to hit 'the no' button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: