Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
DasAlbatross

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:37 pm   

Mapping performance question

I made a large database of maps on a mud on a computer. I've recently transfered the entire mud folder to a new, much faster computer. However, I'm finding that the mapper is unbelievably slow now. It takes about 5 seconds after I move for a room to be represented on the map. Has anyone experienced this or know a way to stop it from happening? I've got a faster processor and 4 times as much ram on the faster computer, so it's not a lack of resources.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:54 pm   

Have you checked for updates to MDAC and JET? While it is a little outdated this page should point you to the latest MS has to provide.
DasAlbatross

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:16 am   

Well, I downloaded and installed JET and MDAC and it's still having the same problem. I even used the compacting utility to compact the database. It's really bad. It even takes a couple of seconds for a command to get sent through to the mud. I'm currently using version 6.62
DasAlbatross

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:19 am   

By the way, I'm running SQL Server 2000 on this machine. Could that be causing problems for zMud? I stopped the server earlier and that didn't help.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:05 pm   

Version 6.62 is quite out of date. I would suggest upgrading to 7.05. There were a number of speed improvments in the mapper and many new features added. Simply look at the version history and you will see what I mean.
DasAlbatross

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:35 pm   

Sounds good, will do. Thanks for all the help, Vijilante.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: