Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LungFai
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:46 pm   

Map Levelling

Hiya again guys

Ok here's my prob. The Mud i play has introduced new zones and i go and map these new zones by adding a zone into my master map. However i recieved the master map from a friend who got it from a friend and it has gone though so many hands no one knows who created it originally. Anyways, the new zones i map have layers (up, down) exits and the map takes me up and down levels accordingly, creating levels as i go along. However the other zones in the master map are all on 1 level. How do i go about doing that? I notice letters on rooms that link to the room which was meant to be a level above. I read the Linking Zones section but could not figure out how to do it for levels instead of seperate zones.

Laman's help would be much appreciated :)

LungFai
Bromax
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:16 pm   

There is probably an easier way...but I do it manually...select the rooms to move hit ctrl-m and adjust the z axis up or down. The letters are probably just added on using the text button on the mapper. This WOT mud by any chance?
LungFai
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:25 am   

Nods it's WOT. I'll give what you suggested a try and see how it goes. If all works out i can finally finish mapping the new area...flaming goat kissing Desert!

Edit :

Worked like a charm Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: