Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:25 am   

Hint Attribute doesn't do what I expect in demo.zm

From the Tutorial:

quote:
Here are all of the properties of an Action:

Hint
The mouse-over text displayed when the user hovers the mouse over the button or menu item.

From the demo.zml file:

quote:
<action name='Navigate' script='Browser.Navigate( URL.Text)' caption='&Go' image='world' hint='Go' shortcut='Ctrl-G'/>
<action name='BrowseBack' caption='&Back' image='arrowleft' shortcut='Alt-Left' hint='Back' script='Browser.GoBack'/>
<action name='BrowseForward' caption='&Forward' image='arrowright' shortcut='Alt-Right' hint='Forward' script='Browser.GoForward'/>
<action name='BrowseHome' caption='&Home' image='home' shortcut='Alt-Home' hint='Home'>Browser.GoHome</action>
<action name='BrowseStop' image='stop' hint='Stop' script='Browser.Stop'/>
<action name='BrowseReload' image='redo' hint='Reload' script='Browser.Refresh'/
>

I expected the hint attribute to be a mouseover hint that shows when hovering over the browser's buttons (it could show in the status bar too, but having read the excellent tutorial, I know the status bar only shows what the IE ActiveX control returnsVery Happy).

I can't seem to make the 'hint attribute' show it's value in the browser.

I realize this is an alpha version and the hint attribute might not be supported yet.

Finally, is it too soon to create bug/error reports like this? Should we instead what for a beta release before posting these things?

Thanks Zugg!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:27 pm   

Thanks for the report. Definitely report stuff like this. Delphi controls Hints globally with a flag called ShowHint in the main form. Since I'm creating form dynamically instead of using the normal Delphi form editor, my guess is that the default value of this property is False, so it's not allowing any control to show any hints. I'll check into this.

Oh yeah, and there will be a property added to the <statusbar> eventually to allow it to display "long hint" information automatically. Right now, as you noticed, it only displays what you script.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: