Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mrmook
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:00 am   

Automated banking.

I deal with a mud that is very "weight" oriented but has a banking system. When I get overloaded with gold and silver I like to go back to friendly otho, exchange my silver and deposit all but 3k gold. Commands are simple worth is worth, deposit is deposit, give x silver otho does currency change. I got my variable and I know those who answer this problem are going to laugh but I got it myself so I'm happy thus far.

Trigger:
You have (*) gold, (*) silver, and (*) experience ~((*) xp to next level~).

onhandgold=%1
onhandsilver=%2

Now the hard part. I don't want this to loop forever and I dont want it to be overly spammy. Because unfortunately when you deposit it gives how much gold you have away to anyone in the room. I set up a variable @deposit that changes onhandgold to (onhandgold-3000) using the expression:
#math deposit @onhandgold-3000;deposit @deposit

yah I said you would laugh. But whats bugging me is that I have to do the currency change first so when I have buttloads of silver I can convert it to gold then do one deposit. I believe otho takes 10% of the amount of silver thats changed but what I dont know is if he takes that off the top or off the bottom number eg. before he changes or after. So I cant write into the #math statement the (conversion from silver to gold)+gold-3000=deposit

Any of you mighty coders, scripters or otherwise guru's of zmud that can help would be greatly appreciated by me.

Thanks,
Mr. Mook
mrmook
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:47 pm   

ADDENDUM: I found that good ole otho takes 20% off the top so if I figure the exchange in with the deposit I am going to have .XX.

I figured out the script myself please let me know if I have anything wrong or you could show me how to fix even more properly. This solution works and only works when I type banking, I've tested it with varying amounts of silver and gold. The remainer or the silver that he gives me back doesn't seem to bother the mud.. I don't know maybe they are stealing my .16 from every deposit but it isn't a superman 2 based mud :)

#CLASS {Otho|banking}
#TRIGGER {You have (*) gold, (*) silver, and (*) experience ~((*) xp to next level~).} {onhandgold=%1;onhandsilver=%2;totalexp=%3;exptnl=%4;give @onhandsilver silver otho;#math silvertogold ((@onhandsilver-(@onhandsilver*.05))/100);#math totalgold (@onhandgold+@silvertogold);#math deposit @totalgold-3000;deposit @depositwith;#t- banking}
#CLASS 0

#ALIAS banking {#t+ banking;worth} "Otho"

Yet Again Thanks,

Mr. Mook
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:50 pm   

Try something along the lines of this *as guidance only not complete*
First do the currency exchange then do the gold deposit

#AL newdeposit {Worth;exchange silver commands using trigger that captured silver var;worth;deposit %eval(@gold-3000)}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:02 pm   

Not sure if your formula is wrong or if Otho is only taking 5%.
.05 = 5%
.20 = 20%
Based on your formula, Otho takes 5% and 100 silver is worth one gold.

You also calculate @deposit but then deposit @depositwith. Probably a typo. Nothing wrong with your script other than that. The calculations could be combined quite a bit though.

Trigger if Otho takes 5%, leaving you with 95%.
#TRIGGER {You have (*) gold, (*) silver, and (*) experience ~((*) xp to next level~).} {totalexp = %3;exptnl = %4;give %2 silver otho;#MATH deposit (%1 + ((%2/100) * 95) - 3000);deposit @deposit;#T- banking}

Trigger if Otho takes 20%, leaving you with 80%.
#TRIGGER {You have (*) gold, (*) silver, and (*) experience ~((*) xp to next level~).} {totalexp = %3;exptnl = %4;give %2 silver otho;#MATH deposit (%1 + ((%2/100) * 80) - 3000);deposit @deposit;#T- banking}

EDIT: Fixed misuse of "you're"
mrmook
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:17 am   

Thanks light bulb. So far so good.. it turned out that the carryover in silver was messin mine up and tried to deposit a negative number a couple times.. changed over to yours and am seeing if things go better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: