Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Davidge Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:02 pm
Ac Explorer 3.33a not calibrating as of April 2004
DSanai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:19 pm   

That's great news, Zugg, thanks! :)

I look forward to looking over that protocol and seeing what I can come up with as far as the plugin goes.

I agree, this isn't an either-or thing, will just give people a few more options as to how they want to do it -- and options are always a good thing. :)

I'm not sure how the recalibration works, but perhaps the plugin could even assist in that? Provide updated values somehow? I don't know how the current calibration is done, so you'll have to tell me if that's even remotely possible.
Gowenna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:03 am   

Woot ! That sounds like good news indeed.... after running around in a wrong valley in VoD tonight trying to recover my corpse and leaving 2 new ones I am really looking forward to a restored tracking functionality :)
byteful
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:32 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Gowenna

Woot ! That sounds like good news indeed.... after running around in a wrong valley in VoD tonight trying to recover my corpse and leaving 2 new ones I am really looking forward to a restored tracking functionality :)

whew I heard you, Gowenna. I have had to do that B4 as well and with ACx it is alot easier without a doubt.... Very Happy
Toldo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:15 pm   

I think you speak for all of us directionally challenged folks ;)

If any more testers is required just shout.
byteful
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:10 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Zugg

Wow, I go away for the weekend and this topic explodes! Smile

Well that just goes to show ya that you have a great product and we just wanna help where we can to keep it that way Very Happy

/Post edit

Oh yeah If anyone needs/wants to have this new DECAL way to track, beta tested, PLEASE give me a shout I have ACx on a seperate monitor, and can watch it as I am in game.
icuto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:10 am   

Umm , Isn't there anyway to add new locations in manually atleast? IM blind! , I am so spoiled from this software that I can't go anywhere until my trackings working again Sad I have been using it for a long long time now I am useless in game without it[8]. Please someone figure out some server solution for now so we can enjoy ACX again Smile
Davidge
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:06 am   

D'Sanai and I are ready to roll, I have the feature outline complete, D'Sanai has his framework ready (okay, he has a basic Decal framework that he published a while back - it rocks too!).

All we need is the data protocal between the server and client. I would have sniffed that out by now, except the server is not working. One of those things that if we knew this might happen I could have traced it while it was working in advance . . hehe.
icuto

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:20 pm   

hmm I can get ,myserber working but not properly I still either get the major jumping around or the indicator not pointing properly. If theres anything I can do to help please feel free to contact me. I have 6 well now 7 machines setup in this room and run quite a few accounts at once, its one of my wife and I hobby. So if you need something tested or help working on something let me know
icuto

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:21 pm   

proto must be with in tcpip i have all others off and it still works on my local net
Laurina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:15 am   

Is it possible that ACX Server simply latches on to a sort of "ghost" value of the actual position value, simply because it finds it first and it seems to be working?
I ask because the june location value 005D2404 works flawlessly, but that isn't what calibration produces.
Perhaps the actual position value is used in other client processes, leading to that erratic ghost value that ACX Server picks up.
Is this at all possible?

I admit I don't really know much about this, but I am eager to see it working reliably in the future - not just this month Smile
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:23 pm   

Yes, but even the 005D2404 doesn't seem to be working for some people. The problem seems to be that there are *many* coordinate values stored in that area of the client memory. Some of these locations seem to be camera locations, some are locations of nearby mobs, and stuff like that. I don't think *any* of these locations are perfectly stable. I think we have found an internal buffer or cache of locations and this cache can get changed as you move around different parts of the world, go through portals, etc.

Back when I worked on this stuff I found this cache of locations and they were very unstable. I then found a different format for the location info that was only for the player character and it was rock-solid. That is what AC Explorer used for years. But it's this rock-solid location in a different format that Turbine seems to have removed or changed back in April.

So, now we are back to using the locations in this cache buffer that are not as reliable. Every month people are probably going to have trouble with this. I have not been able to locate anything resembling the old stable location data in the client memory.

In order to help people, I loosened up the requirements for finding a suitable location address in memory. But because the player location looks a lot like other locations, it's hard for the Auto Calibrate to lock onto the correct value. Using the Debug window in ACX Server you can see some of the other memory locations being considered. That's probably how someone found the 005D2404 location.

That's about as much as I know about this problem at this time. I know that calibrating somewhere with no people and no mobs around can help. But I also know that it can depend upon where you are in the world. All we can do is ask people to post the addresses that seem to work for them like we have been.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: