Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zyke

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:14 am   

zMUD 7.04

Hello there. I would like to ask if there is someone here that still uses the zMUD v7.04 and got the install file on the computer, or knows where I can download it?
creecher

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:41 am   

there was a reply from someone who had it, but likely Zugg deleted that reply.

as near as I can tell, all instances of 7.04 have been eradicated from the net.

If you find it, let me know
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:25 pm   

Why can't you just use 7.05? Look at the bug fixes in this version:
quote:

* Fixed multiple #MXPTRIG commands
* Fixed GSL triggers to be properly case sensitive
* Case sensitive triggers (and GSL triggers) no longer overwrite the wrong values
* Case sensitive (and GSL triggers) that are not exactly the same no longer trigger the "duplicate setting" warning
* A command separator in an #STW command is now converted properly to a newline %{cr} in the settings editor
* Exporting/Importing multiline status window commands should now preserve line breaks
* %destroom now works when any directions are in the mapper queue
* %walkactive is now reset to False when the end of a path is reached or if the path is aborted
* %lastdir now always returns the first command for a direction as stored in the View/Directions (instead of sometimes returning the entire string list when in Map mode)
* %roomlink(ID,dir,-3) for creating a loopback direction now creates both links instead of a one-way link
* Documented <!TAG> MXP command in MXP spec
* Secure MXP Line Tags are now marked in the MXP Tag Preferences screen
* For Open MXP Line Tags, the user can now override the default line tag properties in the preferences.
* The MXP Tag preferences now shows any changes to line tag made via <!TAG> command
* Line tags now work whether the tag is open or secure
* Window Name used in MXP Line Tags now must match the name of a window exactly instead of matching the beginning of the window name
* When referring to a window, an exact name match now takes precedence over a partial name match
* zMUD now properly remembers the last character connected like it used to
* Using a trigger ID and pattern like {(%w)} no longer strips the ()

Is there something that 7.04 allowed you to do that 7.05 doesn't?
creecher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:36 am   

yeah, cuz I don't believe in paying for programs that are used to play text based games.

I'll now likely have my user name deleted by Zugg. Oh well.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:56 am   

Or perhaps you can have your IP logged and your ISP subpoena'd. Now that would be a laugh :P
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:25 am   

I'll sell you 7.04 for $30
quote:
yeah, cuz I don't believe in paying for programs that are used to play text based games.

1. Then don't use Zmud use a free client Simple as that
2. Zmud does more then *LET* you play the game your not paying to play a text game your paying for a program that allows you to map, use a database etc. Im sorry but Zmud is WELL worth the $30.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:32 am   

quote:
Originally posted by creecher

Think about it like this. To make zMUD is not free. Zugg probably puts a huge amount of time on it and it is also his work. If everyone reasoned like you then there would be no zMUD because then Zuggsoft would have been closed down.

If you use zMUD, and find it useful than you should consider buying a license. That way you show Zugg how much you appreciate his work.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:43 am   

quote:

That reasoning is incorrect. Basically, you are saying that you don't believe in paying for things that are used for something which is free.

By that logic, you don't believe in paying for cars, since you don't pay for the road. You don't believe in paying for airplane tickets, since you don't pay for the air in which it travels. You don't believe in paying for televisions or cable, since the transmitted airwaves are free. You don't believe in paying for electricity, since the Sun gives you all the energy you need. You also don't believe in paying for food, since you can easily hunt down an animal and kill it. You don't believe in paying for doctors, since your body has its own antibodies. And you definitely don't believe that you should get paid for your work, since the thoughts and ideas that you used for it are free, plus anyone else can do it.
Oracle
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:39 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by creecher

there was a reply from someone who had it, but likely Zugg deleted that reply.

as near as I can tell, all instances of 7.04 have been eradicated from the net.

If you find it, let me know

I was the one who has version 7.04 from one of my hot backups. I deleted my post because I was getting a couple requests per day and decided it was nuts to be giving out an old version when 7.05 was better. Now after reading a few of the replies to this post, I'm disappointed someone is willing to cheat Zugg out of hard work, if it is true there is a way to bypass the security check for version 7.04. I won't be giving out any more 7.04 versions so no need to ask.

A few months ago, a new player at one of the games I play made a comment they had a cracked version of zmud and I asked how it was possible they could do that with elicense but they weren't willing to give details. It is dishonesty such as this that will put Zugg out of business whether you like it or not. It is always the few out of selfish desires wish to put themselves before others rather than pay $30 to help give back a little to something that has help so many. They never consider this is one of the very very few software programs out there, which also gives upgrades and free technical support to life.

Perhaps in the future when you are taking some college courses, it will do you well to take a computer ethics course. Might learn something for a change and realize dishonesty has a huge impact on everyone. Next time you bitch about Microsoft raising their prices on their next release of Windows XP or DVD movie prices rises, maybe consider this is due to people such as yourself being dishonest and not paying for something you aren't using.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:50 am   

I have been following this topic closely, and would like to thank Oracle for his/her support in this. The number of times this topic has been read compared to the number of posts attached tells me there are many people searching for zMud 7.04. I just like to suggest, to everyone that does, that zMud is one of the few programs in the entire sharware market that is worth paying for. I not only have paid for it once, I have bought a few licenses and last year gave one away to someone. This from a person that creates cracks for overpriced pieces of software. Yes, that is right script kiddies, I actually do create cracks for software; I tend not to publish them, just my little bit of elitist feeling.

First thing to consider is value. What does the software do, and what will it be used for. zMud enhances you ability to play MUDs by first linking you with a database to choose from and second providing the best scripting capabilities. For years zMud has provided cutting edge techniques in scripting, mapping and even databasing of your preferred mud. Add to that upgrades, suggested by users, for life and the value peaks beyond understandable realms. Let's assume for a moment that 6 years is the period before a person tires of muds. That would mean that $30 registration costs you 5$ a year/41.7¢ a month for those 6 years. If you play muds at all beyond that it is free for the program. Of course during that entire time you have technically support from users like me. I charge 40$ an hour for technical support everywhere else. If you start figuring that into the value equation you will find that 30$ for registration is break-even within the first few months and a profit thereafter. Since this desn't even pass the first test, overpriced, why bother cracking it at all.

So if you currently enjoy MUDs there is no reason to use a cracked version of zMud. It profits you to just buy zMud and enjoy support from all the experts/Gurus. We even go so far as to try to support older versions even though the current public version is all that has to be supported. We have been know to write exceedingly complex scripts on request, and reply to direct emails. The author of the software even replies promptly to emails for support. Where else can you get that level of service for $30?! Not even BK where the slogan is "Your way, right away" will provide such quality. Just imagine trying to ask that the owner of the BK name respond to a reasonable complaint about the quality of burgers, it simply won't happen.
Ruderion
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:53 pm   

I must admit zMud is the only shareware program i've ever paid for. The only reason for that is the lifetime free updates which are promised, and these support forums. I just find it rediculous that some people/companies keep asking money for the same program over and over again after adding another new feature.
schizo_iv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:31 am   

zMud is a great piece of software, it was the first piece of software I ever bought off the internet and.. I blame Zugg for my addiction to MUDs Very Happy

I know a few friends of mine have cracked zMud and they want to tell me how 'Oooh, It's so easy' but I let them go ahead and play with their version 5.56 and just enjoy the new version and keep telling them how the new features in zmud are so wonderful, actually got one of them to buy a legal license, still working on the other two.

Well, I best stop rambling. And honestly I think Zugg should put some 'crack detection' in his software, I'm not sure how/if he could do that, but he should start filing lawsuits against people who are 'stealing his work' because, he does an wonderful job with it. Heck, the way he treats the customers has made me disappointed in every other company i've bought software from.

I'd also like to thank Oracle for deleting that message.

And yes, none of you know me, I'm a lurker in these forums mostly.
I'm just overly vocal today, this is my 23rd post for the day across the internet!
3Sins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:13 pm   

to be honest I'm looking for version 7.04 too but not because I dont want to pay but because belive it or not it aint that easy for me
1) Paypal does not recognize that Estonia (the countrie I live in) even exists
2) To order via internet u need a credit card that I dont have nor will get in the next few years till I go to work (need to finish school first)
3) was hoping I could use the Telephone or Postal Mail ordering but!!!! u can check how meny internation banks does estonia have :P + I'm going to school (working part time) so I cant write checks with eny value.
so I'm kinda stuck, if someoone can figure out a way how I could pay the $30 I would be glad to
My point is not evryone is looking for the version u could crack because they dont want to pay (tough most do) but because they cant.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:07 pm   

Bummer. Have you asked your bank if they can issue a monetary instrument valued in US dollars? I can't believe it wouldn't be a service most banks would provide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: