Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
methonis
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:24 am   

Changing the variable in an alias via trigger...

Here we go:

1. Potion A (@fire1) is carried. Potion B (@fire2)is in a sack
2. ALIAS dr is set to sip @fire1.
3. When potion A runs out and I attempt to drink from it, receive message - "There is naught in an empty potion bottle worth supping."

At this point, when that message is received, I'd like to remove @fire2 from sack and then change ALIAS dr to read sip @fire2 instead of sip @fire1.

Now, if I only needed this for one potion, a single trigger would work fine, but I have about 15 different kinds of potions, each with it's own backup in my sack. The behaviour needs to be the same for all of them, but I need it to recognize which potion is empty, and then pull the correct one from the sack. I guess this means it would have to look at which alias was called directly before the trigger text was displayed (whether it was sip @fire1, sip @diffusion1, sip @invisible1).

I'm really not sure how to go about that, any ideas are welcome.

Methonis
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:55 pm   

Instead of changing the alias, I decided to just swap the values of @fire1 and @fire2.
#AL dr {#VAR lastpotion {@fire1|@fire2};sip @fire1}
#TR {There is naught in an empty potion} {remove %item( @lastpotion, 2) from sack;#VAR fire1 {%item( @lastpotion, 2)};#VAR fire2 {%item( @lastpotion, 1)};dr}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: