Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
notti555

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:35 pm   

Automapper, how do i work it!

hi
im new to Zmud 7.05 and want to make a map for the MUD ancient anguish. i started 1 map and it was automatically slotting in the map blocks with a few incorrect map spots so i deleted the map to start again but when i tried it agian it wouldnt work. what am i supposed to do to make it automatically map the areas on the map? is there something i need installed? or do i need a trigger on? or what?
please help me out.
im not to clever with these sort of things
thanks
Aarlot
Adept

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:42 pm   

Have you tried configuring the mapper? If not, go to Config > Reconfigure in the mapper and follow the directions given. The mapper needs to be reconfigured for different muds because they have different ways of displaying things.
notti555

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:53 am   

ive tried reconfiguring plenty of time and still doesnt work. does the exits info have to read from the exits window that pops up automatically when you start the mud? its that tiny bar at the bottom of the mud that reads out north, south etc. the configure wizard keeps reading parts of the description as the available exits instead of the exits itself.
how can i fix it this time?
notti555

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:10 am   

well i got it working, sort of but sometimes when i go a direction it keeps trying to open doors for some reason. how can i fix that,

and also when i do follow the mapper doesnt follow my direction and the mapper current position dot stays in one place when im moving on the mud, how can i fix that?
thanks
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:46 pm   

You might get more assistance if you posted some example output from your MUD, specifically for rooms that are giving you trouble.

If all else fails, try looking at all the configuration options (like the ones to turn off automatic door creation or to open doors in a speedwalk) and reading the help files. You'll probably end up creating some custom triggers to tweak your mapping capabilities. I suggest starting with the help files for the mapper commands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: