Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tankhead

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:32 pm   

Problems with brackets?

I'v been trying to make my own health bar, and was wondering if there was something to put the )bracket character in a trigger pattern, beacause i have the problem where the mud i use has
<Life(79) Ki(1,317) PL(58.78m/411.5m)> for it's Health and Ki and in my trigger pattern: Life(&HpVar) Ki it counts the brackets as part of the &HPVAR, so my gauge dosn't really act as a gauge, because the variable comes out as (79), is there any way i could fix this.
Ratalon
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:49 pm   

You can use the Tilde ~ to tell the mud to use the character
~<Life~(79) Ki~(1,317) PL~(58.78m/411.5m)>

I think you only need it on the opening ones. If it still does not work try putting it everywhere.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:50 pm   

Life~(&HpVar~)
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:28 pm   

WOW I was reading the helpfile for triggers
#HELP TRIGGER

and this PINK LINE screamed at me, But, the [ character is a special pattern matching character, so to match the verbatim character from the MUD instead of using [ as a pattern matching character, we put the ~ character in front of it.

And this is the text that follows after it

The ~ character tells zMUD to ignore any special property of the next character and just treat it as a normal character. You will need to use ~ to match any special characters from the MUD like [, @, (, etc. To match a ~ character itself, you would use ~~, of course.

Im sorry if this seems rude but I had to answer a question in a forum on another site that was A. In the help files, and B. get this the EXACT same question Appeared 15 times by 15 different people in the SAME topic. With 15 correct answers in the replys right underneath them! So as you can see certain things set me off like failure to read the helpfiles and asking questions that have been asked an answered :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: