Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:26 pm   

Database problem

I'm running Zmud on a Compaq Presario 7998, Athlon 1.0 MHz, 128 MB RAM. I play Simutronics Modus Operandi. Recently, when I click on the DB button, the database window does not appear on the screen. The focus seems to shift to that dialog window, but the window doesn't appear anywhere where I can see it. I've tried running my cursor along the edge of the screen to find the window, but that doesn't help. I've also tried #DBOPEN to get to the database. My screen resolution is maxxed out at 1024x768, and I can't increase the resolution to see if the window is appearing beyond the edges of the monitor screen. Any advice?

Thanks.

Hogarius
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:22 am   

I'm running Zmud on a Compaq Presario 7998, Athlon 1.0 MHz, 128 MB RAM. I play Simutronics Modus Operandi. Recently, when I click on the DB button, the database window does not appear on the screen. The focus seems to shift to that dialog window, but the window doesn't appear anywhere where I can see it. I've tried running my cursor along the edge of the screen to find the window, but that doesn't help. I've also tried #DBOPEN to get to the database. My screen resolution is maxxed out at 1024x768, and I can't increase the resolution to see if the window is appearing beyond the edges of the monitor screen. Any advice?

Thanks.

Hogarius

Well, I was able to find my database window and make it visible again. I performed the following steps:

1. Clicked on the DB button in the main window menu
2. Pressed Ctrl-Tab several times to cycle to the (invisible) Perps database window
3. Pressed Alt-Space to bring up the main control menu for the Perps Window (the one under the icon in the window's title bar)
4. Pressed "M" to move the window.
5. Used the arrow keys to bring the window back on the screen.

I'm posting this for future reference if someone else has a similar problem.

Thanks, everyone. Hogarius.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: