Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kaputchnik
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:31 am   

Controlling Winamp from zMUD anyone?

Found this great plugin to Winamp last night, that creates a COM server which can be accessed through zMUD. The plugin can be found http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=6538 <-- there.

Download it and install it and startup winamp.
Enter this in zMUD:
Code:

#CLASS "winamp"

#ALARM {1} {#var song @Winamp.CurrentSongTitle;#var songtime @Winamp.CurrentPos;#var songlength @Winamp.CurrentSongLength;#var status %case(@Winamp.Status+1,"Stopped","Playing","Unkown","Paused")}

#KEY F9 {#call @Winamp.Rewind;#var currentsong @Winamp.CurrentSongTitle;#var songtime @Winamp.CurrentPos;#var songstatus %case(@Winamp.Status+1,"Stopped","Playing","Unkown","Paused")}
#KEY F10 {#call @Winamp.FastForward;#var song @Winamp.CurrentSongTitle;#var songtime @Winamp.CurrentPos;#var songstatus #var songstatus %case(@Winamp.Status+1,"Stopped","Playing","Unkown","Paused")}
#KEY F11 {#if (@songstatus="Playing") {#call @Winamp.Pause} {#call @Winamp.Play};#var song @Winamp.CurrentSongTitle;#var songtime @winamp.CurrentPos;#var songstatus %case(@Winamp.Status+1,"Stopped","Playing","Unkown","Paused")}
#KEY F12 {#Call @Winamp.Stop;#var song @Winamp.CurrentSongTitle;#var songtime @Winamp.CurrentPos;#var songstatus %case(@Winamp.Status+1,"Stopped","Playing","Unkown","Paused")}

#KEY F1 {#var Winamp %comcreate("WinampCOM.Application")}
#KEY F2 {#var Winamp ""}

#STW {@songstatus: @song;Position: %concat(%eval((@songtime/1000)/60),":",%mod(%eval(@songtime/1000),60)) ;F9: Previous Track F10: Next Track;F11: Play/Pause F12: Stop;}
#GAUGE winampbar "Winamp progress bar" @songtime @songlength 0 "" "grey" ""
#class 0

And hit F1 and the server is connected. I think You can figure out what the other macros do.

Cheers,
Kaputchnik
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:27 pm   

Hey, that is great! I unsuccessfuly searched for a similar plugin several weeks ago. Even considered writing one myself. I'm sure this will help a lot of people out.
Kaputchnik
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:59 pm   

Found CurrentSongLength which returns length of song in seconds, so I added a gauge to the previous script. Voila your own Progress bar in zMUD.
Leto
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:27 pm   

Your next step Kaputchnik is too develop a wizard for this :)
jtrent
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:58 pm   

Cool stuff. I added buttons to it because I like to use my mouse.

Was just a simple copy and paste for each button. I used a toggle for the connect/disconnect and then a guage for Play/Pause, Stop, FFW, Rev.

Then It was a matter of directing each button to a graphic for looks. For icons I went into the winamp skins folder and edited the ones there to suit my needs, with a simple copy and paste to paint.

By doing this, I have a small music player window that has the look and feel of a music player, and the functionality within zmud.
sartut102

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:38 pm   

its a shame i seem to be the only poor soul, not to be able to get this Great piece of coding to work :'(

when loaded the code as Kaputchnik said, but im comming up with and 'invalid Class String' with regards to the '#var Winamp %comcreate("WinampCOM.Application")' on the F1 Macro. i own the most recent zMUD, and Winamp, i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my this EVIL problem, thou it doesn't really matter as i have some Excellent KEY-bindings for it. :D

also the F-keys dont work either, i think ill just stick with my Hotkeys

sarTuT
lost programmer
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:51 pm   

I dont get the error you mentioned, but I do have problems with the time left/now playing parts not working :)
Fewyn
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:33 pm   

Hmm.... anyway to turn this thing off?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:51 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by sartut102

its a shame i seem to be the only poor soul, not to be able to get this Great piece of coding to work :'(

when loaded the code as Kaputchnik said, but im comming up with and 'invalid Class String' with regards to the '#var Winamp %comcreate("WinampCOM.Application")' on the F1 Macro. i own the most recent zMUD, and Winamp, i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my this EVIL problem, thou it doesn't really matter as i have some Excellent KEY-bindings for it. :D

also the F-keys dont work either, i think ill just stick with my Hotkeys

sarTuT
lost programmer

Do you have the plugin for winamp installed into winamp
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=6538
Dorrin
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:00 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Fewyn

Hmm.... anyway to turn this thing off?

If you did as the instructions show, you should have all the triggers, aliases, macros, and buttons in a single class folder named winamp. Simply type #T- winamp and the entire class will be turned off.
sniket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:37 pm   

I was wondering how do get the function "jump to" the one you get when you press "j" in winamp, would be great if someone could tell me how to get it..
Kaputchnik
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:50 pm   

Looked through the type library but couldn't find the jump function specified.
Dharkael
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:00 pm   

#var WinAmp %ComCreate("WinampCOM.Application");

#call @WinAmp.SendCommand(40194);

either that or SendCommand(40193) not sure which you're looking for.
if you use Oleview and look at the type library,you'll find an enum
with all the Winamp Command codes
just call SendCommand() with the desired number
Irilion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:15 pm   

am i the only one here that is not able to download that plugin for winamp?the site seems not to work for me :(
Irilion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:11 am   

Error Parsing Command:
Objektets klass kan inte bestämmas(no idea what it should be in english)
#var Winamp %comcreate("WinampCOM.Application")

is what i get when i press F1 any ideas what i did wrong?
Kaputchnik
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:03 am   

It means that the WinampCOM.Application isn't running.
Irilion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:18 pm   

how do i enable it then?
i installed it and now im able to start winamp by pressing F1 but not able to switch songs...have to take a look at that when i get home.
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:41 am   

key F10 is the next song, F9 is for the previous song. F1 just enables the interaction between zmud and winamp
tennovan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:26 pm   

Not real sure why this isn't working for me but here's what I've got. I'm using zMUD 6.40 right now after about 5 years of using zMUD 4.62 32 bit. Of course, I've finally been able to do some really cool scripts but I'd like to use some type of interface for winamp while in zmud. I tried installing this but I'm getting some syntax errors (like in the #KEY F10 line). A window comes up with some undefined variables in it and pressing F1 brings up a help menu. Any clues or help?
tennovan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:29 pm   

Actually messed with the settings and a very elementary version of it working. I can probably mess with it from here.
turian
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:27 pm   

Something for you folks to think about would be find a way to get zMUD to interface with the SHOUTcast plug in for us amature radio people. That would be the coolest thing.
turian
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:24 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Kaputchnik

Found CurrentSongLength which returns length of song in seconds, so I added a gauge to the previous script. Voila your own Progress bar in zMUD.

Can you show use the code for that progress bar, by chace? I fiddled with it and couldn't get it.
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:26 am   

This isn't meant to take away from this clever bit of coding, but for those that can't get it to work, you should consider just turning on Global Hotkeys. Then you may control winamp from within _any_ app (this is a feature in Winamp 5.0x).

I don't think it is enabled by default.
Xolademoness
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:56 pm   

I cant get the progress bar to work at all :(
and i have to paste every line seperately to get the status window to work

thats about it.. yes I did turn it on with F1. It shows stuff there, but gauge is broken
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:46 am   

For all those getting that 'Error Parsing Command' when hitting F1, you are supposed to have winamp running already before doing this. This script is only a winamp controller, it doesn't open winamp itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: