Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
phrento

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:09 pm   

New problem with zmud/zchat

Hello, I am having a hair pulling problem here.
I upgraded from ZMud 6.62 to version 7.?? (latest public release)
After the upgrade all my capture triggers failed by picking up extra information and characters.
I tried a few things to straiten it out and no luck.
The triggers are important to my clan so I decided to just go back to ver 6.62 untill I could get a look at it more closely.

My problem is: Now when I use #call from the zmud window the operation seems to be lost, the ip is not called, Zchat is running and all my #chat aliases work!! I tried to uninstall and reinstall Zchat and am having no positive results.
This all worked flawlesly before the upgrade and rollback.
I did a totally new install to an empty zmud directory and then copied my character backup folders to the new install so I know ther are no residual left over files in the zmud directory??
What can be causing this and how do I fix it?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:27 pm   

On a side note. Zugg, the link on where to download PGP from the Zchat info page is dead.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:15 am   

No matter what version your using (since about 6.30) zMud has an internal command of #CALL. In order to use the zChat command you must instead do "#zchat.call".
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:05 pm   

Some other side notes regarding the zChat plug-in.

1a. zChat emotes are preceded with a message locally that you are emoting, a bit unnecessary and takes up precious output space.

1b. zChat chat groups throws the entire list of group members' names with each chat group message among zChatters, a bit spammy.

2a. Ever since mm2k appeared, zChat does not automatically recognise it as an mm-chat variant. The issue here is when zChat tries to initiate a chat connection with mm2k, both #zchat.call and calls inside the zchat fail. A connection can still be made if a chat entry has already been created in the zChat window and then you can manually set the mud master option, and then call again. It is just a bit annoying to have to open the zChat window to manually connect instead of using an alias or script.

2b. zChat chat-serving returns a chat message to the person you are serving on mm, this creates a duplicate message on mm and they start seeing double each time they chat.

In any case, zChat is *old*, someone out there needs to take the time to write and publish a newer version of this indispensible plug-in. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: