Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Eowyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:17 pm   

Speedwalking and up-down exits

Since my mud has no nw, ne, se, sw exits, I have used these exits in my mapper to make up - down connections more visible (i.e. connecting the ne corner of one room to the nw corner of the next.) Up till now, this didn't create a problem with my speedwalking - the up and down commands were always sent instead of ne or nw commands. I think something has changed this in the latest version though, since it now seems rather haphazard wether Zmud sends the nw or ne command when speedmapping rather than the up down command. In fact, even when I delete a nw - ne connection - making the up-down connection the only connection between the two rooms - Zmud will sometimes STILL send the ne command!

Any suggestions how to fix this?

-E
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:57 am   

Overide the directions defined in the default DirectionsDiag class. If you rewrite all these with the proper up/down commands they should work.

If you really want the map set up this way I would suggest using zMapper to change the spacing defaults for diagonal directions as well. This should make mapping easier for you.
Eowyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:35 pm   

Not quite that simple, as an up or a down exit might be linked through any of the four diagonals (se, ne, sw, nw). In one room ne should be up, in another down.
I'm guessing that this didn't mean much in the old mapper - it always just chose the first exit made between two rooms.
Is there any way to draw a link (zmapper?) without it actually being a direction? Or is it possible to get Zmud to ignore ne, se, sw, nw exits altogether (i.e. although you make a diagonal connection, zmud will ignore it and choose the up/down connection instead?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: