Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
illicit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:47 am   

Mapper seems retarded

Hay guys, I normally use pueblo as my mud client but someone told me about zmud and its automapper feature and I went sweet, I have to give that ago. However I am running into all sorts of issues trying to get it to work! see below... :P

Ok the first thing that seems strang is that zmud seems to pick up the exits fine and display them in the bottom line with the actual exits underlined. However I noticed that it removes the exit lines from the main output.

Normal output is as follows

> You are in a small smithy. An arched doorway has been knocked out of the western wall, and opens out on a small yard. You notice the forge standing under the cover of a slanted roof outside. Inside, the walls are covered with a number of shelves containing bits and pieces of armour, and brackets displaying weaponry. A window looks out on the street. There is a small sign on the wall by the doorway into the yard.
Obvious directions are:
north, south, west.

Zmud removes:

Obvious directions are:
north, south, west.

from the main display.

Therefor when I try and run the autoconfig for the mapper it doesn't seem to realise that there is the line "Obvious directions are:" If i set it up to look for this line and the exist follow then it maps the rooms with no exists.

If I try and use the autoconfig it tries to get the exists from the description text.

If i use a different mud client and grab the above text and use the offline mode again it maps room with no exists.

Ok and now I get some bs about can't work on closed dataset and its still doing after uninstall/reinstall First impression of zmud -89237482. I willing to give it ago if I can get the mapper working!! :)
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:55 am   

The closed data set issue is probably related to mdac issues. Take a look at http://www.zuggsoft.com/data/
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:58 am   

Does your login password include something that is located in:
" Obvious directions are:
north, south, west." ?

If that is the case zMUD will gag(remove) that line. The method to solve that is to change password in the character properties (right click your character->properties->character->password).
illicit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:07 am   

Nope my password doesn't have any of that. It seems to me like its a feature of zmud to remove the exit line from the main display and convert it to the exit window. But of course this is screwing up the automapper.

I fixed the closes data issue. Now im just trying to work out the automapper.
illicit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:25 am   

Ok I worked out what it is, zmud was emulating the pueblo client which removes the exit line and creates the exit bar. However with this on the automapper doesn't work so I had to disable it. If anyone knows how to let zmud emulate pueblo and use the MXP extension and still be able to use the automapper please let me know!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:56 am   

I am not sure about the exact design of that part of the Pueblo emulation, but I will post a bug report about it. I am sure that this is a problem Zugg would like to correct. It would seem that there just weren't enough beta testers playing on pueblo enabled muds when support for the protocol was built. Hopefully he will have enough info here to find and quash this bug.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:20 am   

That is correct. If Pueblo is sending the exit to a different window, then there is no way to capture it for the automapper. It's too close to the public version to really fix this for good, but I'm considering an option to disable the creation of other windows via Pueblo so that then the exit line would stay in the main window where the mapper could see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: