Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
adagia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:24 pm   

zExplorer's Horizons map not centered correctly?

Is there a way I can recenter the Horizons map? I'm finding towns, machines, etc are displayed too far SE. Sslanis is supposed to be on the southerno coast of Lesser Aradoth, but is showing up on the land mass south of the island.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:28 am   

Sounds like you have the old map file. Make sure you are running the latest version of zExplorer. Then, delete the HORIZONS.JPG file and run zExplorer to allow it to download the current version of the map. Everything is lined up nicely on my system here.
adagia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:04 am   

My horizons.jpg file was 877 kb, the new downloaded one is the same. The map is still off by quite a bit. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, still bad. Would screen resolution affect it in any way?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:14 am   

Yeah, that's the same as mine. 3985x3985 pixels when loaded into a Paint program.

Are you running in any sort of odd video mode or something. I've tried it on Win98 and WinXP here and both are fine. Check to see if you are in "Large fonts" or "Small fonts" mode...all of my systems are in Small fonts mode. You might also post a partial screen shot of part of the map so I can see exactly how far off it is.

One other possibility...the offset information is actually stored in the *.MDB database, which was updated several weeks ago. So, you might try deleting (or renaming) the HORIZONS.MDB file, then run zExplorer to let it download the master file and then run Update Datafiles to get all of the latest location info.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: