Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:15 pm   

New icons added for Horizons

I've added a bunch of new icons for the Horizons map. Just use the Update Datafiles option and all of the new icons should get downloaded to your database. I've gone through the database and modified many of the previous locations to use the new icons, but I'm sure I missed many cases, so please update the icons for any locations you have added.

New icons are:

Mobs: for STATIC special mobs. Since most Mobs are dynamic, please do NOT post every mob that you see as it will just clutter the map.

Player Building: Used for when a Destroyed structure or Plot is replaced with a player building. Be sure to set the Server field correctly to indicate which server the player building is on.

Resource: A generic resource icon.

Lumber resource, Lumber machine, Metal resource, Metalworking machine, Stone resource, Stoneworking machine, Gemstone resource, Gemstone machine, Cloth resource, Clothmaking machine, Essence resource, Essence machine, Tanning resource, Tanning machine.

As you can see, I went ahead and made a unique icon for each category of resource and machine. This makes stuff easier to spot on the map without searching for what you are looking for. I also changed the generic "Machine" icon to be more generic instead of using the old mining icon from before.

I hope you like the changes. Also, please download the new version of zExplorer (4.15) so that it will handle the X/Y locations properly and no longer flip them. Let me know if you have any problems.
Talya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:10 am   

Thanks Zugg for the update! The new icons are great, and having X/Y match up is a help (need to unlearn the flipped system), and I like the new "Server" field.

I do have a question; I do not see a way to place a data point as one of the new machine/resource types. I do see Mob in the drop down list but do not see a machine or resource entry. I am missing something, or is zexplorer missing something?

To apply the update I uninstall the old version, deleted all the files, then install the new version and did a data update.

-Talya Thornwynd of Dawn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:54 am   

Ack! You are right. I didn't test the new "child" icon types that are in a tree hierarchy. I'll release a v4.15A patch right away! Thanks for letting me know about the problem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: