Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:23 am   

Just checking in

Hey folks...just checking the forums quickly before bed tonight. Looks like there has been a lot of use of zExplorer for Horizons in the past week. Big thanks to Tivalus for all of his work in adding locations to the map, along with everyone else who has contributed.

I just learned that there is a *BIG* difference between zExplorer on Windows 98 vs Windows 2000 (and potentially other versions of Windows). Seems that the JPEG routines are very different between these versions of Windows and in Windows 2000, the locations are not lining up with the graphical map at all.

I'll try to fix this issue asap. Also, I'll try to add the requested icons for resources, mobs, etc. I'll also probably be granting certain users higher access privileges so that they can better maintain the locations in the database.

A warning to everyone, however...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the Update Datafile option BEFORE publishing any of your own locations. Once we start policing the data in the database, if you add a duplicate location, it will cause your User Rating to DROP. If your User Rating drops too much, you will no longer be able to add any more locations and if it drops too much, you won't even be allowed to update your datafiles anymore. Accidental violation of this isn't a big deal, but users who consistently submit bad data to the database are going to get banned, so please try to be more careful.

I really don't want this database to get as messed up as the ACSpedia database was for Asheron's Call, which is why zExplorer has the User Rating system and better control of access privileges. Please try to be careful with your data postings.

I'm not yet policing this because I'm aware of some of the rough edges involved when adding a new game such as Horizons, but you should really get into the habit of checking for updates before adding your own locations.

Finally, I'll be releasing a new version of zExplorer in the next couple of days that reverses the X,Y boxes for Horizons as requested.

Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks for your support!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:42 am   

bumping this back up to the top and going to bed now. Don't tell my wife that I stayed up late answering posts tonight...I'm supposed to be on vacation Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: