Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:14 am   

'save layout' problems with windows...

I'm not sure if this is by design, a bug, or what.... but when i use #Cap to capture text in a new window then 'save layout'... next time i load that character the windows will load in their docked position and all just fine except there is a litle status bar and command line... is there any way around this so it wont load with the status/command bars?
omaek193
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:49 am   

I have the same problem.
Every time the window loads I disable the status bar and the command line, but the #capture window mantains only the correct position saving layout. Honestly I think that these information are not stored when we save the layout...
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:27 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Valdar

I'm not sure if this is by design, a bug, or what.... but when i use #Cap to capture text in a new window then 'save layout'... next time i load that character the windows will load in their docked position and all just fine except there is a litle status bar and command line... is there any way around this so it wont load with the status/command bars?

I believe the layout refers to the size and position of each window. Status bars and command lines are features or settings of the particular windows. After you get the windows how you want them, do this for each of them.

1. Click on the window so that it has focus.
2. On the keyboard do <Alt+S>.
3. Click Save.

This should save the current settings of each window which are stored in the window_name.mud file along with any triggers, aliases, etc for that window.
Valdar
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:48 am   

Woohoo!! it works!! HAving a hard time getting it to save for "Q/A" window buuut... i think that might have somthing to do with the / in the name of the window....

*fixes a couple things...*

Alright, now it works just fine with just QA as the name without / in it.... Thanks Mr. Kent

(And i cant resist but... how's Clark? hehe :P)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: