Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:01 am   

A new MUD for me!

I was looking for a new MUD to start playing, What I'm looking for is something Big, at least 10k plus rooms, preferebly with a large population, Im also looking for something that is easily mapped with zmud automapper, and something that speedwalk actually works in... Any suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance.
user0101
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:26 am   

Aardwolf owns you.
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:38 am   

Hmm, Really Lokke? Is that where you've been? Have noticed your non-existance in Achaea lately.
Arcane_of_Discworld
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:27 am   

You could do worse than to try Discworld Mud, it rarely has less than 100 people on at any one time and can go to 200+ on weekends, the mud has a lot more than 10,000 rooms with three main cities plus about 10 towns. All muds are easy to map with zMud automapper, the difficult part is configuring it to work properly [:p]. There are quite a few players who will be able to assist with that if you ask, I would help you myself but I rarely play anymore because there is little challenge for my character because he is one of the most powerful in the game.

Arcane
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:27 pm   

I did an advanced Search on The MUD Connector (link at top of page) for Huge World (15,000+ rooms) and 100+ Players, the largest choice in each category. This returned 18 listings. You could narrow that further using codebase which is included in the listing, ROM and Diku are more likely to be easily mapped (opinion). However, the list is short enough to investigate all of them if you want.

It would probably be worthwhile to do additional searches with other playerbase sizes. That's supposedly the number you could find on anytime, i.e. the minimum, so 50 on up might provide a 'large' population. You might also benefit from trying the next smaller world size, Large World (8,000+ rooms).
PrestoPimp
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:02 am   

Realms of Despair Pwn
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: