Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:27 pm   

Tell Windows

I'm sure that this question has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in the archives.

I want to make it so that when someone says something in the group it shows it in the game but also records it to another window that I can look at if I miss what they said.

I tried making a trigger to match when someone said something to the group and then used the #Window command but that makes a big window open up at the top of the screen and I only want to see this window if I need to not all the time any suggestions? Please and thank you

Also just so you know the line from the mud would look like this

Amok tells the group 'text'.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:01 pm   

Sounds more like a layout problem then anything else. Try using either a Tabbed or Multiple Tabbed layout. Once you get it how you want you should save the layout.
moksha
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:03 pm   

Hiya

Create the new window as before using the #WIN command and then dock the new window behind your main window. Remember to save the layout.

#TR {^%w tells the group} {#Cap NewWindowName}

Hope this helps.

Moksha
Brujah
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:55 am   

#TR {^%w tells the group} {#CAPTURE (Group)} will automatically create a new window and if im not mistaken, dock it behind the main window.
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:45 pm   

Is there a way to use scripting to make the layout change to tabbed rather than having to click on it?
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:09 pm   

Don't know, but if you save the layout (as Moksha suggests) you only have to do it the once. I have my tells and chats in side windows so I can see them all the time without having to click on them. Oh and a small gap at the top so I can have a TV window open :-)
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:15 pm   

Nod I know you only need to do it once but say that I make a script and my clan members want it .. I dont' want to have to explain why its taking up half their screen to show them tells .. so it would be great if I could just make the script do it
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:21 pm   

Ah yeah OK - well you could look at #makewindow - I haven't played with it but the help looks like it should do what you want.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:23 am   

#MENU {Layout|Auto Tiling|Tabbed}

Of course, if your clan members are using one of the other Auto-Tiling options they might get a bit annoyed when you mess up their layout.
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:05 pm   

Had a play with #makewindow
on XP (and there is a chance it may be OS related) neither "internal" nor "floating" seem to have any effect.

As LightBulb mentions (initially) forcing a layout on your clannies may decrease your popularity more than letting them figure it out for themselves ;=)
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:09 pm   

Well It would be wonderful if there was a way to say Window A is tabed window B is tiled .. etc...
StackAdder
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:50 am   

It would indeed. When I restarted ZMud, my window made with makewindow which had been floating had decided to dock, which is cool(ish) if I last made it with 'internal' but I can't remember!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: