Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:02 pm   

Proxy

I love to play my mud from work but recently due to abuse of AOL IM they have blocked all the non standard ports. Now I have a shell account and I can use SSH to get into that and then telnet into my mud but its really a pain and none of the *nix clients can hold a candle to zmud so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I might be able to use the proxy ability with zmud to connect to the mud any advice would be useful and appreciated thanks
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:04 am   

There has been a rather long discussion on using putty for just such situations. I would suggest you search the forums, and review that thread.
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:57 am   

I have and unfortunly I don't quite understand how to do it because I have tried I don't know what to do .. maybe if someone could tell me what info to put into putty and then how to make zmud connect to the tunnel that would help me thank you
Interitus
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:23 pm   

1. Download putty. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
2. Launch it, in "Session" menu check "SSH" radio button, and enter your host address of SSH server.
3. Go to "Tunnels" menu. Enter 7000 in field "Source port", yourmudhostname:port in field "Destination", press "Add" button.
4. Go back to "Session" menu, enter any session name you like in "Saved Session" field, press "Save" button (you can use it later).
5. Press "Open", then enter your login/password in session window.
6. Launch zMUD, select your character, press "Edit".
7. Enter 127.0.0.1 in "Host" field and 7000 in "Port" field.
8. Press "Save" button.
9. Connect and enjoy. :)
Amok
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:08 pm   

DUDE YOU ROCK! I love you man BUT how did you know that port 7000 wouldnt be blocked? Very Happy[:p]SmileVery Happy[:p]Smile
Interitus
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:56 pm   

You can use any port that is not already used by system services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: