Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Riz Silverthorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:49 am   

Problem running zExplorer 4.10

I'm running Windows XP Pro (not Corp), 1280x1024x16bit, behind a firewall/router.

Downloaded zExplorer 4.10 today (4th Sept). Each time I try to run it, using either AC1 or AC2 DB I get the following error popup:

zExplorer
The specified procedure could not be found.
[Okay]

while it's trying to open the map DB. I click the Okay button, the opening DB window stays open and zExplorer opens up without a map or locations. When I exit zExplorer I get the following error popup:

zExplorer
Access violation at address 00010001. Write of address 01B913FC.
[Okay]

I uninstalled, re-downloaded, installed into alternate locations and get the same problem when running zExplorer. Any ideas?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:55 am   

Have you used a previous version of zExplorer before? Sounds like the MDAC software on your system isn't working. Go to the page http://www.zuggsoft.com/data and follow the instructions given there for Windows XP. Also, be sure you have installed the WinXP Service Pack from Microsoft via your Windows Updater.

The other thing to try is to delete all of the files in your zExplorer directory and the reinstall. Uninstalling does not delete any user-created files like the AC1 or AC2 databases, so if these are corrupted you need to delete them to get zExplorer to download fresh copies.
Riz Silverthorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:37 pm   

Hi there and sorry for not answering for some time. I ran that MDAC checker on my system, and got these results:
Item Name,Item Type,ErrorString,Status
ODBCCP32.dll,File,Field 'FileVersion' mismatch: Expect '3.520.9030.0' Got '3.520.9041.40',Error
ODBC32.dll,File,Field 'FileVersion' mismatch: Expect '3.520.9030.0' Got '3.520.9041.40',Error
oledb32.dll,File,Field 'FileVersion' mismatch: Expect '2.71.9030.0 built by: Lab06_N(dagbuild)' Got '2.71.9031.4 built by: Lab06_N(dagbuild)',Error
msjtes40.dll,File,Field 'FileVersion' mismatch: Expect '4.00.5914.0' Got '4.00.7328.0',Error

So I went to the MS website listed, and DLed the latest MDAC (2.8) and installed. This seems to have cleared the problem, and zExplorer now works.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: