Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:29 pm   

Zmapper Ideas

How about an option to change this ugly light blue background? It would be nice not to have a background, it would save alot in ink when I print them out.

And also how about an option to add room #'s to the maps with keyboard creation? It would be alot easier to have it start at whatever room # you want it to start at, and print little numbers over them starting from the room # i wanted it to start with. It would be alot easier when im adding areas into my game so I wouldnt have to sit there and write room #'s on each room for hours. Thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:51 pm   

You can already do that. Go into the Map Properties and change the background color or the overall color scheme from there.

Room numbers already automatically are generated using the Room Key value for the database. The additional VNUM field for room numbers is implemented to allow MUDs to match the room number in the map with the actual room number on their server. In zMUD, the %roommode function determines whether you are using the Key field that is generated automatically, or the VNum field that you set.

So, if you are just using keyboard generation, there is really no reason to use the Vnum field...just let it create the unique key number for you automatically.
Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:26 pm   

YOu stated "zMUD" But does this work in zmapper? Because I dont see any of those in zmapper. It lets you put an image, but no background color, and I dont see the place where you let it print room #'s on the rooms.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:38 pm   

Sorry, the current version of zMapper is several months older than zMUD so some features have been added to the zMUD side that are not yet in zMapper. If you open your map in zMUD you can change the background, and zMapper will then use your new values, but the user interface for changing the colors in zMapper doesn't exist yet. Same thing with putting room numbers on the rooms.
Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:28 am   

So if I download zmud is it already registered so that I can use these features in zmapper?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:09 pm   

zMUD and zMapper are separate programs requiring their own registration code. If zMapper is licensed on your system then zMUD automatically detects this and installs zMapper as a plugin to enhance the display of maps in zMUD and to provide additional scripting capabilities within zMUD.

So yes, you would need a license for zMUD to use these features. Or, you can wait until these features are added to zMapper itself, which should happen before the end of the year.
Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:17 pm   

Ahhh okie thanks =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: